The technical specifications for presentations and posters
BGCI’s 10th International Congress on Education in Botanic Gardens
Bringing nature to the city. Celebrating the 200th anniversary of the University of Warsaw Botanic Garden.
Please review the Congress programme to confirm which room your presentation/workshop will be located in http://www.bgci.org/news-and-events/congress_programme_2018.
Instructions for presenters
Presentations taking place in the main lecture theatre, room 102B and room 103B
- If your presentation is taking place on Monday 10th September please send a copy of your presentation in advance to: email@example.com by Sunday 2nd September 2018.
- For presentations in these rooms on all other days, please bring a copy of your presentation with you on a USB flash drive. Please visit the Slide Room (located next to the exhibition space) to upload your presentation.
- The Slide Room (room 6B) will be availlable from 8:30am each day of the Congress. Please ensure that your presentation is uploaded before your scheduled session – ideally the day before.
- Please note that it will not be possible to upload presentations directly onto the computers in these rooms. All presentations must be uploaded in the Slide Room prior to your session.
- Technical personnel will test-check your presentation(s) for compatibility. Please give the technical personnel any special instructions.
Presentations taking place in the Library, 401A, 301A, 314D, 13D and 55A
- If your presentation or session is taking place in the Library, 401A, 301A, 314D, 13D or 55A, presentations should be uploaded directly onto the computers in these rooms just prior to the start of your session. Please ensure that you arrive in good time to do this.
- Volunteers will be present in each room to help with the upload process.
The standard format of the projectors is 16:9 however there is one exception. The projector in room 102B has 4:3 format. Please check the draft programme to confirm the room for your session at http://www.bgci.org/news-and-events/congress_programme_2018.
Presentations should be in Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT). Macintosh users who want to submit presentations must export their presentation to MS PowerPoint file.
If you are giving your presentation via video (rather than in person) please ensure this is in a format that can be played on any laptop, please use MP4, avi, h264.
Instructions for posters
- Posters should be a maximum of A0 in size (portrait). Poster boards and sticking material will be provided.
- Prior to the Congress a digital copy of the programme will be shared with you. In the poster section of the programme each poster abstract will be listed and will have a number next to it. This will be the number of your poster board. On arrival (at the Faculty of Biology building) please visit the poster area, on the 1st floor foyer, and attach your poster to the relevant board.
If you have any questions about your presentation or poster please contact the Congress team on firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in Warsaw!